POS Software for Garden Centers
InfoTouch was a founded in 1986 to empower independent business owners with robust, stable and powerful POS software solutions. At InfoTouch Corporation we have been empowering owners and managers of businesses on three continents with a complete POS software solution to enhance the management, cash flow and profitability of their business. We have been selling software solutions for Garden Centers and Nurseries for years but these businesses have experienced a renaissance and are becoming a high demand, sot after business model as many people throughout the globe realize the advantage is of buying, supporting and growing many of their own products for beautification and for the planet while at the same time supporting local businesses.
InfoTouch POS software for garden centers will provide your business the tools to:
- Manage and track all your sales from your companies purchase to the specific customer at buying a individual plant.
- Enhance your cash flow by controlling costs, managing employee schedules, managing products purchased, products in transit and in managing the inventory turns at your garden center or nursery.
- Enhance customer satisfaction by providing what customers want when they want it, receiving out of stock items back in stock from the nearest vendor, providing informational and growing instructions and planting instructions on every receipt printed!
- Allowing your employees to create kit explosions for special event’s, or to combine inventories of slower moving products creating brand-new products that can provide new sales and move season ending inventory.
- Manage all accounts receivable to businesses, corporations, landscapers, and outlying lines satellite stores.
- Provide a system to track customer loyalty and gift cards.
- Manage and track retail commissions for all garden center sales to all employees.
- All purchasing from every customer is tracked in the garden center sale software.
- Entire customer database, wholesale, retail all history available in one touch.
POS software for garden centers:
Standard features include:
- Real-time inventory tracking.
- The ability to source 10 different prices per item.
- This allows you to set 10 different price levels for every item you carry
- Now when you check out a wholesale customer that is already receiving a discount you can tie that wholesale account and apply it to one of your 10 different pricing levels for businesses companies or individuals who purchase from your garden center at a discount.
- Standing directly behind that wholesale customer can be a retail customer who has no idea what the wholesale customer is paying for his products.
- The wholesale customer can pay on account, can pay down their credit line, or they can pay cash and receive their discount. Any tender type will works seamlessly and all to industry standards.
- Extensive notes fields for each customer are available in the customer data base to allow customized information for each client or wholesale business addressing their loyalty or their needs. What items do they commonly purchase, special programs, sales they are interested in, purchasing history along with any generalized information can be added to the notes field for any customer.
- The accounts receivable package can print statements and billing summaries on the spot from any POS system or on a monthly basis can be generated with all other accounts receivables for mailing.
- Inventory sales reports, sales history reports, standing inventory valuation report, sale turns, and retail margin by item or department.
- Integrated credit card, debit card and gift card for retailers working out of the box.
- The intuitive touch screen interface which both lowers employee errors at retail and enhances speed at check out with every InfoTouch POS software for nutrition stores.
Let an InfoTouch professional provide you with a FREE DEMO and BID for your InfoTouch POS software for diet/consignment stores.
Key Features of our POS software for garden centers and nurseries include:
- Seamless integration with scales at the point-of-sale. This allows for:
- The ability to sell any inventory items by weight or other units of measure.
- To weight anything needed for customers quickly and accurately preventing the loss of inventory and shrinkage it becomes unaccounted for when people estimate
- Purchase and or receive any items in bulk by weight. Vet and verify product sold in bulk
- All InfoTouch POS software for Garden Centers come with the option to support specialized printers that print directly on plastic bar code labels and trees stakes. These labels are commonly used to tag or wrap around the trunks, and identify trees, shrubs and other specialty products. The durable plastic labels are often used in these markets to help withstand the weathering effects that the inventory is exposed to.
- The ability to set inventory Min/Max on any inventory levels to automatically generate purchase orders when products fall below a preset level.
- Recognize trends through your customer sales history, market to your clientele with e-mail blasts and direct mail pieces.
- Suggestive selling and personal information can empower your retail employees so they know when a customer has a birthday coming, when a new product comes in that the customer may find appealing or will be on sale shortly.
- The POS software for garden centers provides sophisticated pricing levels can be preset with available features like quantity unit pricing, buy one get one free, buy one get 50% off your next purchase and you can set up to 10 different price levels per item for different customer classifications that purchase from your store.
- When filling out a purchase order you can have the ability to review 14 months of sales history for any inventory item on the same screen and at the same time you’re compiling your purchase order.
- Manage, Adjust or Delete Inventory w/Audit Reports
- Our software has an Inventory Quantity Adjustment feature to remove items from stock. You can pre-define up to 20 reasons why the items are being removed or enter a free form reason. All adjustment to inventory quantities is tracked and can be reported on using the Inventory Quantity Audit Trail report. Options include a selectable range of items to report on as well as a selectable date/time range. The report shows all adjusted items including the reason, quantity, and value at average cost at the time adjusted.
InfoTouch POS software for Garden Centers features easy integration with mobile registers using tablet PC’s, wireless receipt printers and scanners, with attached MSR’s (credit card readers). During busy seasons, the entire transaction can be made by a sales clerk anywhere on a large multi-acre garden center, nursery or tree farm with a customer or contractor. This can be a valuable tool for personalized private consultations’ as well as providing useful flexibility to check out customers anywhere thus reducing checkout lines and wait times.
Now you can review sales and A/R postings in real time, work privately and confidentially with contractors and wholesales, using mobile registers that incorporate the power of a tablet PC’s, wireless receipt printers and scanners, with attached MSR’s (credit card readers). This allows any clerk to have the power of a fully integrated POS system including access to all accounts receivable information, standing inventory, instant inventory valuation reports by department or item, as well as wholesale and retail pricing structures. Complete customer or contractor sales history and inventory stocking levels are available at any time.. The mobile platform also provides a back-up sales station that can provide relief from long lines giving employees immediate access to additional check out stations when sales are exceptionally strong, avoiding long lines and customer frustration at peek sales times.
These transactions can be made by a sales clerk anywhere on a large multi-acre garden center, nursery or tree farm.
Enhance your Customers Experience and Add SALES!
InfoTouch POS software for garden centers empowers you with real inventory cost, sale information, 1,000′s of reports with date range fields, customer information and the POS software allows you to market with fast, tangible results at no cost. Direct marketing or clientele with email blasts to all your customers and track results and retail success.
InfoTouch POS software for garden centers and nurseries wants you to build your business on a solid foundation providing you the systems, the tools, and the stability so you can plant your business seed that will bring you a robust POS sale software to manage your business, track and analyze your sales, schedule, incentivize and monitor your employees and ultimately increase profitability!
Contact InfoTouch today our state-of-the-art POS solutions will help your business realize increased cash flow, improved inventory and employee management, all providing your business with greater profits!
We hope your business grows every season!
Print on Standard out-of-the-box Bar Code Printers:
All InfoTouch Garden Center™ platforms come with the unique customer friendly feature allowing the merchant to print growing instructions on both the standard bar code label printers and/or on the Point-of-Sale (POS) receipt for the customer. This feature can save the merchant hundreds of hours a year that would be spent explaining, printing off separate sheets and sharing the growing tips as they are all provided with every sale.
Print with Specialized Bar Code Printers:
All InfoTouch Garden Center™ platforms come with the option to support specialized printers that print directly on plastic bar code labels. These labels are commonly used to tag, wrap around the trunks, and identify trees, shrubs and other specialty products. The durable plastic labels are often used in these markets to help withstand the weathering effects that the inventory is exposed to.
Manage, Adjust or Delete Inventory w/Audit Reports:
Our software has an Inventory Quantity Adjustment feature to remove items from stock. You can pre-define up to 20 reasons why the items are being removed or enter a free form reason. All adjustment to inventory quantities is tracked and can be reported on using the Inventory Quantity Audit Trail report. Options include a selectable range of items to report on as well as a selectable date/time range. The report shows all adjusted items including the reason, quantity, and value at average cost at the time adjusted.
Full Accounts Receivable System:
InfoTouch POS software for Garden Centers features a full accounts receivable system standard with every platform. This system gives you the ability to: set credit limits per customer with security options available for charging at or above the credit limit, view or print out statements to customers, resellers or contractors at any time, take payments immediately at the POS and apply these payments directly to an invoice or the account, link multiple accounts to a master account for contractors that use sub-contractors, age balances with flexible balance periods and apply any service charges supported for past due accounts.
The InfoTouch POS software for Garden Centers allows you to control, track and manage your inventory electronically in real-time. More theft happens in retail stores internally from employees than from customers. Take away the opportunity by tracking your inventory with our state of the art system. This module is the core of the POS application. The system updates quantities on hand for each inventory record in real-time. Additionally, each item can have a retail price plus 9 additional price levels and be sourced from up to 10 different vendors. You can maintain a wide array of sophisticated pricing rules — such as Quantity unit pricing, Fractional Quantities, Buy 1 Get 1 Free, Lot Pricing, 50% Off after 10 Items, etc. Additional functionality includes Vegetable, Shrub, Flower or Tree Explosion sales (by department) and tracking, a printable Notes field, Substitution and Suggestive Selling, Alternate Keys, and Open to Buy for departmental budget tracking and reporting. Bar code label printing functionality is available to print UPC Price Labels, Shelf Tags, and Received Item Price labels as well as the ability to print growing instructions directly on the bar code label and/or at directly on the customer receipt. Our POS software also supports the sale of items by weight and multiple units of measure if needed and can optionally be configured to also print on plastic bar code labels for tracking and identifying trees and shrubs.
Layaway Function is Standard at the POS:
Our software supports Layaway purchases, including specifying a minimum deposit amount and payment schedule. The payment schedule is stored with the layaway so changes do not effect outstanding layaway transactions. Layaway statements are included with every platform as a standard feature.
Touch Screen Register:
It’s proven that your employees will be trained faster and have fewer mistakes with a touch screen register. InfoTouch Garden Center™ graphical user interface is fast and helps cashiers ring up items quickly and more accurately than keyboard-based systems. You can sell service items by touching buttons and products by scanning or looking them up by description. Full customer sales history is available to every employee to help with suggestions for additional sales and gift buyers. Have even the newest employee get to know your clientele faster with the sales history and personal notes left by other employees. Many other services are available at the POS register and can be accessed right in the middle of a sale! PCI compliant payment processing, including credit/debit/gift cards is a standard feature. Additional features include incredibly easy cash draw reconciliation, an integrated loyalty program, real time inventory tracking, the ability to special order for customers with unique tasks.
Save money and time by tracking and managing your purchasing. Integrated with the Inventory module, purchase orders can be created automatically using the Min/Max/Reorder quantity scheme, up to a 14 month Sales History can be pulled up on the terminal at the same time you are generating a Purchase Order, or by using criteria such as a preferred or specific vendor, lowest cost or fastest delivery time. You can also use hand-held devices for Receiving and Receiving by Exception.
Know what you made and what sold at the end of every day. Know your daily margins on sales, services, specials, what merchandise in your store is making you money. How many times does your inventory turn, who are your most profitable employees, what products are giving you the best return on your investment? Run your reports get real insight into your store trends and profit centers. You have access to an enormous amount of detailed information with the 100+ reports that are standard with the system. Most reports have multiple search and sort criteria giving you maximum flexibility in analyzing your operations. All reports come with the option of viewing to screen, printing, or saving as a electronic file for export to other applications. In addition, the Store Keeper POS application comes with extensive documentation and integrated online help.
Give your customers more of what they want and maximize your sales and your profits! The InfoTouch Garden Center™ gives you vital information for every customer or client and their: sales history, integrated loyalty program, Accounts Receivable tracking, frequent shopper pricing, purchasing trends and patterns allowing you to book that additional sale or service appointment. All these valuable additional features are now included within this module. The Accounts Receivable section functionality can print detailed customer statements, and you can use the Reports section of this module to print customer and/or client mailing labels based on shopping activity or inactivity. Now you can also use customer and reseller’s shopping and ordering patterns to generate low cost email campaigns to your customers and clients help you sale price slower moving products for improved ROI and quickly do email blasts to promote new product arrivals and discounts.
Example: Use a unique email blast to promote special sales or to increase your sales on your slowest day of the week by offering an email special or a free additional promotional item with any purchase that day. Provide your contractors a discount to help you move overstock inventory for a limited time or with a email coupon to effectively market and manage your cash flow.
One of the largest costs for most retail locations is the employees. Time management and scheduling employee’s during the high traffic times and adjusting for trends is crucial in successfully containing costs and increasing cash flow. Time and attendance records of all employees and gross wage calculations are at the center of the Employee Module. All employees can clock in/clock out through any register in the system while managers can monitor and adjust these ‘punches’ accordingly. In addition to hourly and salaried wage rates, the system calculates individual or group commission plans, bonuses, contests, and spiffs by employee. Employee shift scheduling is also available.